Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend of love...

So I haven't written a review for a lonnng time but was inspired this weekend when I got absolutely spoilt rotten by Dan who obviously knows that the way to my heart is through my tum tum.

Saturday morning after a leisurely sleep in I was treated to breakfast at the Urban Bean.  I have always had my reservations about this place...I thought of it as too "Perth" to be in Margaret River (silly how we make these judgments).  Well I am truly a convert.  The coffee was so delicious - strong, but with a sweet caramel crema.  Yum! And perfect drinking temperature straight up.  I love that!

Breakfast was the usual - soft poached eggs with bacon.  Cooked to perfection and served with sourdough and lots of butter.  Sensational.  No need for tomato sauce (I can feel you cringe but I like it ok?)  

So that was a real pleasure, and we did it all again Sunday morning.  

Dinner for valentines day was a real treat.  Went to my very very favourite restaurant, Winos.  I love starting the evening at Winos having a chat with the wine guy, and then enjoying the lovely red he recommends in the bar.  Unfortunately this time it was cut short by a really rude waitress who said to us "Would you like to come to your table" and I said "No we would like to finish our drink" and then she made us go anyway! hahahah I felt so bullied.  But it didn't matter.  We ordered some bread and anchovy oil to start, and some arancini yum!  They had a curry spice I can't put my finger on.  

Dinner we both had the scotch fillet (hoping for the trusty waygu but the fillet did not in any way disappoint).  The fillet was just as good as the waygu, cooked to perfection, drizzled with a garlic "foam", interesting twist, and served with mash and mushies.  Yum!!!

Finished with a glass of red on the lounge, Dan and I chatted and relaxed, mirrored with our hands behind our heads like a head rest, way too full.  Next time we are going to try really hard to just order mains, otherwise it is way way too much (but we can never resist the entree!)

No comments: